Dr. Talaat Elabd Medical Director and Specialist - Anesthesia and ICU
- PhD in Anaesthesia and ICU 2017 (Benha University, Egypt)
- Arab Board in Anaesthesia and ICU 2014
- European Diploma of Anesthesia and ICU at University College Hospital, UK – 2013
- Membership of the College of Anaesthetists of Ireland 2004
- Masters in Anesthesia and Intensive Care 1995 (Alexandria University)
- MBBCh 1988 (Alexandria University, Egypt)
Special Expertise and Services:
- Anaesthesia for Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Anaesthesia for all Emergencies
- Anaesthesia for Non-cardiac Surgeries in Cardiac Patients
- Anaesthesia for Open Heart Surgery and CABG
- Anaesthesia for Neurosurgery
- Obstetric Analgesia and Anaesthesia (painless labour – Epidural), ultrasound guided TAP block for post-operative C.S pain management), also management of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
- Hypotensive Anaesthesia for some procedures when indicated
- Insertion of epidural catheter and management of epidural anaesthesia and analgesia.
- I have developed my special skills in perioperative pain management with ultrasound guided regional anaesthesia.
- Management of Post-Operative Cardiac Surgical Patient (Open Heart Surgery)
- Management of Multiple Trauma, Head Injury and Hemodynamic Instability
- Management of fluid and electrolyte disturbances and total parenteral nutrition
Dr. Talaat Elabd has over 20 years of experience as Anesthesia and ICU Specialist.
Before joining Bareen International Hospital as Specialist of Anesthesia, Dr Talaat worked as an Anesthesia and ICU Specialist at (AFHSR) Armed Forces Hospitals (Southern Region in Saudi Arabia) for over 13 years, and before that he worked as Specialist Anesthesia and ICU in Hai Al-Jamea Hospital in Jeddah for 4 years.
He had worked for a couple of years as a Specialist Anesthesiologist in Alexandria University Hospital (Egypt) earlier in his career.
He obtained his membership to the Arab Board of Anesthesia and ICU in 2014 and he is a member as well of the College of Anesthetists of Ireland since 2004.
Moreover, Dr. Talaat at all times is being appointed as an Acting Medical Director at Bareen International Hospital to fulfill the Medical Director’s duties and responsibilities absence.
Language Spoken: Arabic and English